Whether you’re thinking about getting an MX-series synthesizer or you’re already making music with one, we’ve got some great articles and videos on how to get the most out of your MX88, MX61 or MX49.
– Getting Started with the MX – A general overview and a great place to start.
– Setting up MX with Cubase on a Windows Computer – Important information for Windows users.
– Setting up MX with Cubase on a Mac – Important information for Mac users.
– Setting up the MX as an External Instrument in Cubase Pro – Upgrading from Cubase AI (a free download with your purchase of any MX-series synth) to Cubase Pro adds the ability to set up external devices within the VST system. This allows your MX synthesizer to function as a virtual instrument within Cubase.
– Synthesizer Basics with the MX Part I and Part II – Want to go deeper on your MX? These articles dive into programming the MX using the Melas MX Voice Editor. (Under the XF/XS Tools Complete Pack, choose “for MX49/MX61/MX88.”)
– FM Essential Synthesizer App for iOS – Every MX-series synthesizer is compatible with FM Essential, a free FM synthesizer app for iOS® that unlocks a full set of 271 voices and give you the ability to save your own voices. This article presents an overview on what it is, how it works and what you need to get the full version!
– MX88 Overview – The first MX88 video from Berlin’s Superbooth 17 provides a great overview of the instrument featuring Yamaha UK artist and demonstrator Xantoné Blacq, along with Yamaha US product specialist Blake Angelos.
– MX88 and Cubase AI – Another video from Superbooth 17, this presents a cool demonstration of MX88 and Cubase AI integration from Yamaha UK’s Dom Sigalas.
For more information about MX-series and other Yamaha synthesizers, visit the yamahasynth.com website.
TAGSa musician Cubase information Interested in Keyboards Looking for MX Programming Basics resources Synth Synth Basics Synthesizer Synthesizers synthesizers tools Who Yamaha Synth Yamaha Synths YamahaSynthcom