Question: What could make a home with a MusicCast wireless multi-room audio system even better?
Answer: The ability to control those MusicCast devices simply by speaking.
Now that the entire family of Yamaha MusicCast products works with all Google Home products, you can control the audio throughout your home with “Actions on Google” voice commands that tell Google Assistant what you want it to do. Let’s take a look at how it works.
The first step is to get Google Assistant’s attention by saying “OK, Google” or “Hey, Google.” Once Google Assistant is listening (its LED lights pulse or spin), you can begin telling it what you want it to do by saying Actions. These give you the ability to control functions on your MusicCast devices, such as turning the volume up and down on a MusicCast BAR 400.
To use a MusicCast Action, add the invocation, “ask MusicCast to,” then use one of the Google commands in the following table. For example, to turn on a MusicCast device located in the living room, say, “OK, Google, ask MusicCast to turn on the living room.” It’s as easy as that!
As you can see in the table above, all your favorite MusicCast functions are available through Google Assistant. As an example, just say, “OK, Google, ask MusicCast to link the living room with the kitchen” and you’ll hear the same audio playing in the living room in your kitchen.
To use Actions on Google with your MusicCast products, here’s what you’ll need:
– Any MusicCast product
– Any Google Home product, Android®, or iOS® device
– The Yamaha MusicCast Controller app
– The Google Home app (Go to Google Play or the Apple iTunes® Store on your mobile device and search for “Google Home app”)
For more information on how to set up the apps, view or print our Setup Manual.
Here are some helpful hints for using Actions on Google with your MusicCast devices:
– Keep some space between your Google Home device and your MusicCast device so Google Assistant can hear you.
– Start off using the default room names that come with the MusicCast Controller app. You may have to rename some rooms to make sure that none of your MusicCast devices have the same name. Later, as you get more used to Google Assistant, you can switch to different room names.
– Set up MusicCast favorites and playlists so Google Assistant can play them easily.
Introduce Google Assistant to your MusicCast products, and you won’t have to lift a finger ever again to enjoy wireless audio in every room of your home!
For more information, check out our Voice Control with MusicCast page and Actions on Google FAQs.
Copyright © 2023 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.