TEXAS Fine Arts Administrators
Welcome members of the Texas Fine Arts Administrators!
Our team is looking forward to working with you throughout the year and serving your professional needs in any way we can. Ask us about the free resources we have for you when it comes to program planning, advocacy, funding and other teaching and professional development needs.
The Texas Music Administrators Conference gives us an opportunity to connect with all of you and to remind you that Yamaha is your partner in music education, not just through our great instruments and professional audio products but also with resources, support, and professional development. We want to continue to hear about your programs and learn about you and your specific needs to see how Yamaha can partner with you to help. Stop by the exhibit hall so we can chat, or you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions. We’re eager to talk with you about your needs as an educator and administrator.
Sign up for the Yamaha Educator newsletter to access advocacy, professional development, information on instruments, resources, partnerships in education and more.
Addressing Learning Loss, Health & Safety, and Equity with ESSER
The American Rescue Plan (ARP) was signed into law on March 11, 2021. This COVID relief bill extends or modifies several provisions in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act that was passed in March 2020 and the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSA) that was passed in December 2020.
As of November 30, 2022, only 27.3% of ESSER III have been spent.
ESSER will help meet the needs of Texas public and nonpublic school students. The funds are a one-time program intended to assist with the COVID-19 response and can be used to address learning loss, student health & safety, and provide equity across school districts.
IMPORTANT LINKS FOR ARTS EDUCATION IN TEXAS
- Texas Education Agency Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) Fund Resource Page
- ESSER III: $12,418,588,778 — District Allocations
- Release of ESSER III Formula Funds to Texas Public School Systems – Updated April 28, 2021
- TEA ESSER III FAQs that includes information about eligibility, timelines, grant summary, application process, requirements, allowable uses, reporting and funding
More ESSER Information
- American Rescue Plan Act Fact Sheet, including a comparison of all three ESSER funds
- Use of ESSER Funds, a resource from ArtsEDNJ
- Educator video examples from the Give a Note Foundation — How to Get ESSER Funds for Your Music Program
Suggested Next Steps
- Do Your Homework – “Find the Money”
- Download Resources
- Create Your Plan with Educators and Administrators using the ESSER III “Allowable Uses”
- Work with LEA grant personnel to submit a grant application