The Sounds of Halloween
Everything you need to turn your keyboard into a haunted piano.
The ghosts and goblins will soon be coming out to play, delighting and frightening young and old alike. Whether you’re planning a big Halloween bash or just want to set the mood for the trick-or-treaters at your door, the right kind of music can always add some extra scream potential.
At YamahaMusicSoft.com, you’ll find all the ingredients for creating a scary soundtrack, including Halloween-themed MIDI songs, PianoSoft software and sheet music — everything you need to turn your keyboard into a haunted piano. And if you’re a Yamaha Disklavier user, there’s definitely no better time of year to enjoy the chilling “ghost player” effect of your instrument’s moving keys!
Here are some of the hobgoblin-y highlights:
- More than a dozen spooky MIDI songs, including Frankenstein (the Edgar Winter hit, not the creation of the mad scientist), Bad Moon Rising, and, for the exorcist in you, Tubular Bells.
- Boo – Halloween Favorites and A Haunted Halloween are two PianoSoft albums that can turn even the most unassuming domicile into a foreboding haunted house.
- Custom Audio Backing Tracks for songs such as Ghost Riders in the Sky and Don’t Fear the Reaper. Load these in and prepare for the hair on the back of your neck to stand up as you play along!
- A great selection of Halloween sheet music. Sure, it may still be a week away, but if you’re going to learn how to play the Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor by the 31st, you probably need to get started now.
- With Piano Radio, you can stream Halloween music directly to your Disklavier — no need to change CDs or fiddle with your music player. And, as a bonus, the instrument will appear to be playing itself!
- CVP and CSP Clavinova owners can enjoy an extra dose of ghoulish fun by downloading Kooky Karoake MIDI files such as Monster Mash, which, as demonstrated in the video below, automatically adds Boris Karloff-like effects to your accompanying vocals.
So stock up on the treats (a must if you want to avoid tricks), set out that jack-o-lantern and have yourself a super-spooky time!
For more information, visit YamahaMusicSoft.com.