You love spending time outdoors in the summer. The warm air, the cool breezes, the longer days, ahhhh … the only thing that could make it better is a little music.
A pair of outdoor speakers are exactly what you need. But are they easy to install? After all, you don’t want to be sweating over your sound system when you could be relaxing instead.
Well you’re in luck! Installing Yamaha outdoor speakers is faster and easier than you think. Just follow these simple step-by-step instructions and before you know it, you’ll be enjoying your favorite tunes in the sun!
1. Pick an installation spot.
2. Run your speaker wire to the installation spot.
1. Make sure you have all the parts you need. You should have:
• 2 speakers
• 2 brackets
• 4 knobs
• 8 mounting screws (not included)
Installing the Mounting Bracket
1. Hold the bracket up to the installation spot, and verify that it’s level. There are useful bubble level apps available for your smartphone.
Installing the Mounting Bracket – (continued)
2. Mark four screw holes with a pencil.
Installing the Mounting Bracket (continued)
3. Use appropriate mounting screws to attach the bracket securely to the wall/ceiling.
Connecting to Your Amplifier/Receiver
1. Make sure your amplifier/receiver is powered off.
2. Remove about 3/8″ of the insulation from the end of the wire.
3. Loosen the terminal knob, and insert one exposed wire into the hole on each side of the terminal.
4. Observe the speaker polarity. Red is positive (+), and black is negative (-).
5. Tighten the terminal knob to secure the wire.
Mounting the Speaker
1. Place the speaker in the bracket and use the two knobs provided to secure it.
Mounting the Speaker (continued)
2. Put the finishing touch on your speaker by rotating the Yamaha emblem so that it’s parallel to the bottom edge of the speaker.
Voila! Now you can enjoy those balmy days even more with your favorite tunes playing in the background.
Here’s to a great summer!