In 2017, Yamaha introduced the Venova™ — an innovative “casual wind instrument” that blends the simplicity of a recorder with the sound of a saxophone.
Now there’s the YVS-120 Alto Venova. Like the original Venova, it offers an ABS resin body that is smaller, lighter and more durable than conventional wind instruments. However, the new model offers a larger body design for a lower sound range and a more mellow tone.
Like its predecessor, the Alto Venova features a unique branched-pipe structure that produces a rich timbre with plenty of dynamic control. Its easy, recorder-style fingering makes it ideal for inexperienced musicians looking to experiment with a single reed instrument, while seasoned players will appreciate the addition of a real alto saxophone mouthpiece and reed which allows for better control of its sound and pitch.
If you’ve ever wanted to experiment with playing a saxophone, or used to play and want to come back, the Alto Venova is a great way to test the waters without worrying about a heavy and fragile “real” sax. If you’re already a player, the Alto Venova can be a great travel companion to take along to the beach, on vacation, or wherever your music leads you.
Key features include:
– Lightweight and portable enough to be played anywhere
– Water washable, unlike conventional wind instruments
– Simple fingering similar to recorders
– Sounds like a saxophone
– Fully chromatic two octave range
– Upper and lower sections can be separated for easy cleaning
– Comes with an alto sax mouthpiece, ligature, synthetic reed, mouthpiece cap and a durable carrying case with strap
Ready to learn more? Check out the tutorial videos.
Related blog articles:
Click here to learn more about the Yamaha Alto Venova.