How to Turn Your Keyboard Into a Music Player
Endless ways to get more enjoyment from your instrument.
If you have a Yamaha keyboard that has a “USB TO DEVICE” port – that is, an instrument with an input for a USB flash drive (also called a “thumb drive”) – you can turn it into a music player. Popular models with this facility include the PSR-E443, Tyros5, Clavinova CLP-535 and Clavinova CVP-705.
1) Purchase a title from the online Yamaha downloadables catalog. Here you’ll find hundreds of examples of piano music, complete with background tracks. Be sure and choose your model in the instrument selection box (shown below) while browsing to see compatible titles:
2) After purchasing, your selection will be available for download. You can either download it right away from your final checkout screen, or download it later from your account:
3) Like any downloaded file, it will be stored on your computer. When you click the download button, pay attention to where the file is being saved since you will need to find it again in the next step. Often, customers simply save it to their desktop screen for easy retrieval.
4) Insert a USB flash drive (thumb drive) into your computer.
5) Find the downloaded PianoSoft file on your computer and copy (drag) it to the USB flash drive.
6) Remove the USB flash drive from your computer and insert it into your keyboard’s USB port. This port may be on the front or the back of the instrument, depending on your model:
7) Use your instrument’s display menu to locate the USB drive and select the title:
8) Now you can interact with the song just like the other built-in songs on your instrument. Play, pause, rewind, transpose, speed up and slow down – or just listen! Yamaha’s library of PianoSoft music can offers endless ways to enjoy your instrument. And don’t forget to check out all the other great products from the Yamaha downloadables website!