As we’ve discussed previously here on the blog, not all audio interfaces are created equal. Case in point: Steinberg’s recently launched URC audio interfaces, which offer speedy USB 3.0 connectivity, superior sound quality, plenty of I/O options and a comprehensive collection of included software.
– USB 3.0 Connectivity. Connection is made to your computer or iPad® via a USB-C port, with USB 3.1 (Gen 1 SuperSpeed) support for super-fast data transfer. If you’re using a legacy computer, no problem — there’s backwards compatibility with USB 2.0.
– 32-bit integer/192kHz audio. All URC interfaces provide up to 32-bit integer resolution, which means that when you record into one of the mic, line or instrument inputs, your analog audio is converted to digital data at the highest bit-resolution available today. Combine that with the maximum sampling rate of 192kHz, and we’re talking audio quality that meets or exceeds even that of high-end pro gear.
– Built-in Yamaha D-Pre Mic Preamps allow you to capture clear, accurate recordings with full sonic detail.
– An onboard DSP mixer with latency-free monitoring, controlled by the provided dspMixFx software.
– Effects galore. Included is Yamaha Rev-X reverb as well as Steinberg’s Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip and Guitar Amp Classic plug-ins, all of which can be run on the URC’s onboard DSP, thus freeing up your computer’s DSP and allowing real-time monitoring with effects. These plug-ins come in both VST 3 and AU versions, so you can open them inside your DAW.
– A variety of I/O options. Each URC model provides different audio I/O options, allowing you to choose the one that best matches your needs and budget. The UR22C has two analog XLR/TRS combo mic/line inputs, two TRS main outputs and a TRS headphone output. The UR44C offers four XLR/TRS combo inputs plus two additional TRS line inputs, four TRS line outputs, two TRS main outputs and two independent headphone outputs. The flagship UR816C features eight combo XLR/TRS mic/line inputs, eight TRS line outputs, two main outputs and two independent headphone outputs. It also includes a pair of ADAT optical ports, allowing you to expand your input and output count by up to 16 by connecting compatible interface or preamp units.
– Bus power. Both the UR22C and UR44C offer the convenience of bus-powered operation (no AC adapter required!) when plugged into a USB-C-equipped Mac or PC.
– Dedicated MIDI In and Out ports make it super convenient to connect controllers and other MIDI devices.
– There’s a complete recording bundle available too. Steinberg’s UR22C Recording Pack gives you everything you need to get started. In addition to the UR22C interface and its included recording software, you also get a Steinberg ST-M01 studio condenser microphone and a set of ST-H01 studio monitor headphones.
Check out the video!
Click here for more information about Steinberg URC interfaces.
Click here for more information about the Steinberg UR22C Recording Pack.